Syncify your Soul. And Pop. And Rock...

Unlike pretty much every other MP3 player on the planet the Ford Sync audio system does not play MP3s in Track or Filename order - it uses Title instead... Ugh! Seriously?

It means that, even if you have a carefully catalogued music collection, it will not play album tracks in order.

For instance Purple Rain will be played like so:

Baby I'm a Star
Computer Blue
Darling Nikki
I Would Die 4 U
Let's Go Crazy
Purple Rain
Take Me With U
The Beautiful Ones
When Doves Cry

As my family will attest, such a obvious limitation has disproportionately annoyed me! So I have written a very simple application to re-write the Title of MP3 files - adding the Track number to the front.

I can now listen to Purple Rain as Prince intended:

01 Let's Go Crazy
02 Take Me With U
03 The Beautiful Ones
04 Computer Blue
05 Darling Nikki
06 When Doves Cry
07 I Would Die 4 U
08 Baby I'm a Star
09 Purple Rain

Syncify is available from my GitHub repo.

And... relax...

Comments