How I passed exam 70-483 Programming in C#

Today I passed Microsoft's 70-483 exam: Programming in C# - hurray!

It's been a long, long time since I took a Microsoft exam - and honestly I found it tough. You need to answer 48 questions in 2 hours and the pass mark is 700 out of 1000. I scored 793 - and considered myself lucky.

In a previous post I listed 70-483 exam resources. In addition to these I downloaded the cheat sheet and sample questions from the Wrox MCSD Certification Toolkit book.

I also found another video over at Channel 9 which was useful and contained some practical exam tips.

Crucially though, I bought the MeasureUp practice test. This helped me to find gaps in my knowledge - and, importantly, allowed me to familiarise myself with (a reproduction of) the exam software itself.

In the past it was pretty much a case of choosing the correct answer from A-D. While there are still plenty of multi-choice questions in the exam -  there are also drag and drop code statements and fill in the gaps code samples.

It's hard enough covering the wide syllabus of the C# exam - but feeling comfortable with the testing environment really made a difference. I strongly recommend you consider buying a practice test if you are studying for an MCP exam.

Good luck!

Comments